maryann

Chapter by Chapter

A mostly Young Adult book review blog run by a mother and daughter team.

BURYING WATER (BURYING WATER #1) BY K.A. TUCKER

Burying Water - K.A. Tucker

So far, there hasn’t been anything that author, K.A. Tucker, has written that I haven’t loved. I mean, her Ten Tiny Breaths series continuously blew my mind, and now Burying Water is right up there in must read books too.

The opening scene was enough to keep your attention riveted to this story. A guy rushes to a scene where a young girl is found badly beaten and he is crying over her body? Attention. Claimed.

In Burying Water, the story revolves around a young girl who was pretty much left for dead in a field. And miraculously, she survives but suffers from extreme memory loss. With no one stepping forward to claim her, and no reports of anyone missing a friend/family member with her description, she finds herself pretty much alone.

But with the help of one of the doctors who was caring for her while in hospital, and with the help of a crotchety neighbor, she slowly starts over and chooses the name Water for herself. And this new life of hers seems to involve her superhot neighbor, Jesse, the son of the doctor who has been helping her, and someone that seems really familiar to her.

But Jesse has secrets of his own. Ones that he hopes Water never learns about because they involve her. Secrets that could get her really dead…

I found Burying Water to be a little edgier and darker than K.A. Tucker’s other books, and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I really enjoyed that the story bounced from past to present, which answered a lot of questions.

I loved that we got to see Water and Jesse fall for each other twice. I love how some of the scenes that were written were intense. I love how tender some of the scenes between Water and Jesse were. I loved how I felt so many different emotions while reading this book.

Not only were the main characters ones that readers will totally love, but the supporting cast is pretty unforgettable…the good AND the bad, and let me tell ya, the bad ones made my skin crawl!

I would recommend this read to fans of K.A. Tucker, and to those who are looking for a different type of New Adult read. Burying Water is one book that I feel you will thoroughly enjoy, and won’t soon forget.

Source: http://www.chapter-by-chapter.com/blog-tour-burying-water-by-k-a-tucker-review-excerpt-and-giveaway