maryann

Chapter by Chapter

A mostly Young Adult book review blog run by a mother and daughter team.

Left Behind by Vi Keeland & Dylan Scott

Left Behind - Vi Keeland, Dylan Scott

Left Behind by Vi Keeland and Dylan Scott is a story where, if you were NOT a believer in fate and The Powers That Be, this will totally change your mind.

The story of Left Behind by Vi Keeland and Dylan Scott is one of loss and tragedy involving two different people, but somehow brings them together.

Nikki Fallon has not had an easy life. For as long as she can remember, her life has always been about moving around with her mom, and taking care of her mom who suffered from Diabetes and bi-polar disorder. But one terrible day, Nikki finds herself alone in the world, her only connection, her mother, deceased. Afraid of what will happen once she goes into the system in foster care, Nikki finds out that she’s not as alone as she thought she was. She has aunt who lives in California…and she has a twin sister. The need to find the truth envelopes Nikki, and a new chapter in her life begins.

Zack Martin has it all. Popularity, QB in his high school football team, and the hottest most beautiful girlfriend that he’s known since childhood. But Zack is getting tired of the now Emily, and craves for the Emily he knew from his youth. But little does Zach know that fate has a plan for him…one that is riddled with emotions and complications.

Sometimes, when you’re going through something terrible, like the loss of a loved one, and you’re so lost and drowning in your emotions, it takes one person who has suffered as much as you have, to pull out of the dark. That’s what you will see when you read Left Behind by Vi Keeland and Dylan Scott.

This book was like an emotional roller coaster, and the pages just flew by! It was super obvious to me what the twist in the book was going to be. Whether or not that was intentional, I’m not sure, but that didn’t stop me from continuing on to see how the story played out. And I’m so glad I did. The story was, just simply, beautiful. It’s a story that I hope becomes a movie. I would love to see this played out on the big screen.

The writing was easy to follow, and it was so full of emotions. And the characters are ones that readers will connect with and understand. Both Zach and Nikki are so likeable that readers won’t be able to tear their eyes away from their budding relationship.

I will admit that there was a moment where I did shed a tear or two. That’s what the writing did for me. It completely pulled me into the moment. I felt as though I were right there with the characters, witnessing first hand, the raw emotion of the scene.

Fans of contemporary reads with a twisty plot line with really enjoy Left Behind by Vi Keeland and Dylan Scott. If you’re looking for a book to bring out some emotion from you, this is it. I wouldn’t hesitate in reading this one for yourself. You can thank me later.

Source: http://www.chapter-by-chapter.com/blog-tour-left-behind-by-vi-keeland-dylan-scott-review-and-giveaway