maryann

Chapter by Chapter

A mostly Young Adult book review blog run by a mother and daughter team.

Tremble (Denazen Novel)

Tremble - Jus Accardo This series just keeps getting better and better! Once again, author Jus Accardo has done it again. She grabbed my attention and kept a hold of it until the very end! There were so many shock worthy moments that left me reeling.The story picks up a few months after the end of book 2. Kale has given himself to Dez’s father to save Dez’s life. In true Marshal Cross style, he only wanted Kale, and couldn’t care less if Dez was cured of the poison that was coursing through her body. Not a day has gone by where Kale wasn’t the first thing on Dez’s mind, and life without him is pretty unbearable. All she wants to do is go and find Kale and bring him back home before the people at Denazen (aka her after) does something horrible to him. But time is ticking for the Supremacy kids and the Underground are determined to find as many as they can, before they die whether it be due to the drug that caused all this, or by the hands of Denazen.Even though going to a party is the last thing that Dez wants to do, but it’s at one of these parties that Dez has one of the most shocking moments of her life. Not only does she run into her crazy ass sister, Kiernan, but it seems that Kale is now her boy toy, and ready to kill Dez. Apparently, Kiernan goes by Roz, and Dez is apparently Kiernan…or so Kale believes. He also believes that Dez is the reason why he has lost all him memories, which include his past, his friends, and his family. How can this be you ask? Oh the power of these Sixes… Thanks to a Six at Denazen, they have successfully warped Kale’s mind to believe what I just listed! And he has forgotten everything else…the Underground, family, … Dez. And it also appears that thanks to a new drug called Domination, which is a new trial version of the Supremacy drug, Kale’s power has become even more powerful, and he’s able to control it now.With both Kale (Denazen) and Dez (the Underground) rounding up Supremacy kids from all over, it’s all a question of who will get to them first to warn them of what’s happening to them and to save them from Denazen and give them a chance at life. But there is one Supremacy kid who is of most interest to Dez and to Marshal Cross, and it’s a race to see who will reach him first.Tremble by Jus Accardo ripped by heart apart at times! It also had me literally laughing out loud and the conversations and the scenarios. I will never get tired of Dez’s fire cracker attitude. I love her fierce loyalty to Kale and to the Underground, and I love how, even when the going got extremely tough, she kept on keeping on. She had her eyes set on a goal, and was going to follow it through to the end…regardless of how many people disagreed with her.In this installment, the Kale that we all know and love, is more or less gone. He has been transformed into this jerk of a guy who was quick to kill and full of hate. I can’t tell you how many times his words and actions felt like a punch in the gut…even though they were directed at Dez. I felt for the girl! And I was wanting to put my hands into the book and grab Kale and shake the crap outta him and tell him to snap out of it! Unfortunately, he probably would’ve zapped the crap outta me and I would have been eviscerated! Eeep!We see even more of just how evil Marshal Cross is in this installment. And this guy is freaking nuts! No priorities, except anything that would benefit him. And we witness his craziness time and time again. We see just how heartless this douche of a father is. He pissed me off over and over again.And don’t even get me started on the twist provided by daddy dearest himself. I believe my mouth was wide open, as were my eyes, when this tiny tidbit was revealed.Page after pager, chapter after chapter, I was totally and completely engrossed in this book. I am seriously in dire need to the next book! I have so many unanswered questions that I know will be answered in the next installment! Fans of this series will completely devour Tremble by Jus Accardo. Readers looking for a read full of action and emotion should definitely check out this series.