maryann

Chapter by Chapter

A mostly Young Adult book review blog run by a mother and daughter team.

Catching Jordan

Catching Jordan - Miranda Kenneally Okay, how cute was this book? VERY! How addictive was this book? TOTALLY? How quickly did I fall in love with the story and characters? INSTANTLY!Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally is about a girl names…you guessed it…Jordan. All Jordan has wanted to do was play football. From as far back and she can remember, the love of the game has always been in her heart. It probably doesn’t hurt that her dad is a big time football coach, and her brother is a promising NFL prospect. But the rules are little different for Jordan.After high school, she wants to continue playing football at a college level. She has the support of her team behind her, her brother, and mother. Her father, on the other hand, does not seem to acknowledge her dream. He’s worried about how the anty goes us in college. They hit harder. And as the star quarterback at Hundred Oaks High, Jordan knows that the other team will always try to get to her. With no other prospects knocking at her door, will Jordan settle for a school that doesn’t take her seriously?And as if stressing about college and playing ball isn’t enough, Jordan happens to catch the attention of new student, Ty Green, who coincidently, was star quarterback at his old school. But with a budding new romance, her best friend Henry seems to want to disappear from her life altogether. Being one of the boys is easy…but how easy is it for Jordan to choose the one your meant to be with?Okay. I hearted this story so much, I can’t even put into words how much! First of all, why the hoo haa did I wait so long to read this? Seriously people…tell me! The characters in Miranda Kenneally’s Catching Jordan were loveable and addictive to follow. From the very first page and the introduction to Jordan herself, I was instantly hooked into this high school life at Hundred Oaks. It has everything that a great high school book should have. Fantastic friends, jocks, snarky cheerleaders, potential great friends that you would least expect, and drama. Drama! Drama! Drama!What did I love most about Catching Jordan? The hilarious chemistry between Jordan and her best friend Henry. I mean, when they had to start looking after the fake baby for Home Ec class, I was literally howling. The words coming out of both their mouths were so hilarious. And how can you not fall for Henry? He’s described as this Hotty McHotty, who has such an incredible sense of humor? *fans self* And how freakin’ awesome are Jordan’s team mates/friends? I was constantly mind blown with just how accepting they were of Jordan as being a female on their football team! Solid group of friends…honestly…SOLID! I absolutely adored every single one of the characters found in Catching Jordan. Good or bad…I don’t care. They all played a perfect part that brought all the different elements of this story together.And of course there were the daddy moments. If you know me, me and father moments, we have this thing. This thing where my inside turn to mush and every moment gives me weepy face. And the relationship between Jordan and her father is not any different. My heart went out to Jordan’s father when he was trying to reach out to her and attempt to salvage their relationship. My heart cried! I can see where Jordan is coming from, and why should be pissed off at him and all of that, but as a parent, ughhhhh, I’ll say it again…it broke my heart!Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally is one of those books that every girl should experience. With different heart felt messages that can be found in this book, there is a “moment to learn from” for every young person. I wish that I was able to read this exact book back in high school Loved this book, and can’t wait to read the next Hundred Oaks book!