maryann

Chapter by Chapter

A mostly Young Adult book review blog run by a mother and daughter team.

As The World Dies Untold Tales Vol. 3 by Rhiannon Frater

As The World Dies Untold Tales Volume 3 - Rhiannon Frater

I don’t think I’ll ever get over just how amazing author, Rhiannon Frater, is!  Even after being away from the intense world she created in the As The World Dies trilogy, after only the first page in this collection of short stories, I was completely and utterly immersed back into a world that I was craving.  Especially with the start-up of the new season of The Walking Dead, the craving that I had for good zombie stories was found right here.

As with the first 2 volumes of the As the World Dies Untold Tales, Rhiannon Frater takes us back to these dark days when the zombie apocalypse first breaks out (or shortly into the infestation) and treats the readers with the raw fear and emotions found with these characters.  I, myself, was so excited to read this volume as one of my favorite characters stories is told here.  That being the bad ass biker dude, with a big heart…Rune.

But not only do we get to read the heart wrenching moments when these characters find out that the world that they know it has completely ended, we also witness the deceit and treachery from one cold bitch.  That person being Senator Paige Brightman.  Sure, the end of the world takes its toll on everyone, but what this chick does in order to survive is downright disgusting…and bravo to the author for the way in which she tells her tale of the days after the Madison Mall incident.

You know that the author is amazing when you can feel so many different emotions in just a matter of a few paragraphs.  As with the other books associated with As The World Dies, readers can’t help but get caught up in the chaos and pain that surrounds these characters.

I for one, am jonsing for a re-read of this entire trilogy.  With the background stories of some of the characters, I feel like I can become even MORE emotionally invested in the happenings of the characters and gain a better understanding of what they had lost, and what was gained.

Fans of zombie reads, apocalyptical reads, and anyone who just wants to be in the presence of some really awesome writing will devour the tales found in As The World Dies Untold Tales Volume 3.  If you haven’t had the opportunity to check out the trilogy, you seriously need to get on it ASAP.  These are stories that you definitely do not want to miss out on.

Source: http://www.chapter-by-chapter.com/blog-tour-as-the-world-dies-untold-tales-by-rhiannon-frater-mini-review-and-giveaway