maryann

Chapter by Chapter

A mostly Young Adult book review blog run by a mother and daughter team.

The Warrior by Victoria Scott

The Warrior - Victoria Scott

The Dante Walker books by Victoria Scott have been one of my favorite books to read. And trust me when I say that Dante Walker is one bad boy that you will be falling head over heels in lust with.

I am pretty sad that The Warrior is the final book in this series. I, for one, am going to miss Dante’s cocky attitude, his conceited ways, and just everything that is Dante! He is a character that readers won’t forget, that’s for darn sure.

In The Warrior, the liberators are getting ready for the ultimate battle against the collectors. If they lose, demons will walk the earth and life will be forever changed. Hell still has their claim on Aspen, the soldier in the prophecy, but the liberators/heaven has Charlie, the savior. Although Dante has his Charlie back, safe and sound, in his arms, he is still gung ho on rescuing the girl (Aspen) who has come to be like a sister to him, from the fiery pits of hell.

But is it even possible? With Aspen visiting Dante regularly in his dreams, does this mean that their souls have connected somehow? Or does it mean the one thing that Dante is afraid has happened…that Aspen is dead and it’s all Dante’s fault.

With the final days of the most important battle of their lives, Dante needs to figure out who the traitor is that hides within the liberator’s stronghold and find out what the words on the scroll mean so that they can figure out how to win this battle.

Lines are crossed, trusts are broken, and faith is tested in this final installment in the Dante Walker series.

Dante Walker is one of those characters that you just can’t get enough of. He’s also one of those characters that, even though it’s been sometime between books, readers can easily fall back in love with just by his first words that come out of his mouth. I love his cocky bad boy attitude, even though he is not much bad boy anymore. He’s more like a love sick puppy…with great one liners and still sexy as all heck.

If you’re looking for action, The Warrior by Victoria Scott has it all. With the collectors and their sirens being a constant threat (they’re hanging off the side of the cliff waiting after all), and with black holes popping up at any time inside the liberators compound (thanks to a frickin’ traitor – gah!), Dante and the crew are constantly on their toes. And then the final battle… so many feels guys. Even before the battle! Ugh…

You know that final books have to go out with a bang. There will be multiple twists and turns and gasp worthy moments…there will be lives lost (obviously!) and big revelations. That is what you will find in The Warrior. What I also did find was myself chuckling to myself throughout the book. Dante delivers some of his best lines in this final book. From the beginning straight through to the end, Dante doesn’t miss a beat…

Victoria Scott has created an amazing series and some unforgettable cast of characters. I’m sad to see it all wrap up, but all good things must come to an end. *single tear* Fans of bad boys, angels and demons, and prophecy reads will really enjoy the Dante Walker series by Victoria Scott…

Source: http://www.chapter-by-chapter.com/blog-tour-the-warrior-by-victoria-scott-review-and-giveaway